News/Events‎ > ‎

Proof of Residency?

posted Aug 1, 2014, 7:45 AM by Mark Lane   [ updated Aug 4, 2014, 8:51 AM ]
In district?  Out of district?  What's all the fuss?

Parents have noticed that Kilgore ISD is asking all parents to confirm that their residence is located within the bounds of Kilgore ISD OR let us know that they would like to attend a KISD campus even though the reside in another district.  We want to welcome every student that we can.

How do you show proof of residency?  It is easy and only takes a couple of moments.  You'll need one of the following documents:
  • A current gas, water or electric bill (phone and cable bills not accepted), OR
  • A recent tax statement, OR
  • A rental/lease agreement
If you have difficulty with any of these documents, please speak to a Registration Assistant at any of the locations listed below.  We'll help you through the process.

Locations for Proof of Residency:
  • at KISD's One-Stop Registration -- August 11 - 15 at Kilgore High School Cafeteria
  • at any KISD campus -- from August 18 through the start of school
If you have any questions or concerns about the process, please contact your child's campus or call 903-988-3900 and ask to speak to a Registration Assistant.